A thank you through the years of using the SMC from Springfield, MO

Amy Hansen

Hi everyone,
I have been cooking on the 22.5 SMC for about 3 years now, but have never joined this forum. I have used about every technique described here, and used most all of the recipes here for beef, chicken and pork, especially pork. For this rainy Labor Day weekend in Springfield, MO, while fighting the Isaac rain from the gulf, I've produced 9 racks of baby back ribs which came off at 4pm this afternoon - turned out great. After cleaning and readying the smoker again, I am ready to smoke three, 9lb pork butts overnight, using the minion method, which has worked very well for me in the past - effortless and thank you for the guidance on this. Needless to say, everyone on this forum, whose advice was typed out in any reply or as a recipe to follow, has allowed me to produce simply wonderful meats since the first time I bought my SMC (...reading the manual over and over and hoping that a difference would be made from my two 22.5 kettle grills that I used all the time for everything). So, to the TVWBB members throughout these years - a huge thank you. I hope to contribute with what I've learned after many, many days and hours of using this wonderful smoker on this forum.
Thanks and have a great holiday weekend!
Amy

A big welcome to you Amy from another Missourian!
Sounds like you have barbecuing and grilling on a Weber down pat!
Looking forward to your posts, and hopefully some cook photos too!:wsm:

Back