Kurt from da BURGH!!!

Kurt

TVWBB Pro
YinzerKurt from da Burgh (you know Picksburgh n'at) ... long time grilling enthusiast... still consider myself an amatuer.... saving up for a WSM 18... I really like trying new recipes and tweaking old/new ones...

Welcome Kurt. I'm still saving also. Using a Chargriller with smoker box. Keep an eye on CL. Just a few days ago a 22 1/2" sold for 150 OBO in your neighborhood. Barely used.

YinzerKurt from da Burgh (you know Picksburgh n'at) ... long time grilling enthusiast... still consider myself an amatuer.... saving up for a WSM 18... I really like trying new recipes and tweaking old/new ones...

Welcome to the forum n'at, Kurt! Hope yinz get some good enough weather to use that WSM. I think you should Burgh it up a bit. I'm thinking ABTs wrapped in chipped ham, or a Primanti-style pulled pork sandwich. Grilled pierogies maybe?

(if you can't tell, I am originally from Pittsburgh!)

sean,

good ideas... i am actually makin some kielbasa today with a vinegar based slaw to go on top a la Primantis...

i was in a new primantis last week and had their kilebasa primantis sandwich... the kielbasa was deep fried... a lil bit of heaven in between two thick cut slices of italian bread...

for pierogies... gotta go to the rocks or any local church within the city limits...

also nothing better than some Isalys chip chopped sammies...

btw "J'eet yet?? no j'ew?"
check out youtube... "pittsburgh dad".... hilarious stuff....

ok newbie here... what exactly is the "main topic" of "grilling and BBQing" forums... are they "questions on how to forums" cuz there are some recipe forums etc etc etc etc.... i got lambasted for not posting pics of a cook i planned to do later in the day... dont quite get it yet...

Hi Kurt,

I think you got it about right.

The Barbecuing Forum and the Grilling Forum are for question/answer and discussion about the general subjects of barbecuing and grilling.

The Photo Gallery Forum is where you post photos to show-off what you've cooked. And yes, you will be hounded mercilessly by people if you talk about your cooking prowess but don't back it up with posted photos. ;) See the FAQ at the top of the page for how to link photos into your posts.

Posts to the Recipes Forums (beef, pork, poultry, etc) should all start with an actual recipe--ingredients and cooking steps--and then people can comment, ask for clarification about the recipe, offer variations, etc. If you're looking for help finding a recipe, use the Recipe Requests Forum.

The various Weber product forums (WSM, Charcoal Grills, Gas Grills, etc.) are for question/answer and discussion about specific Weber products, operation, tips/tricks, troubleshooting, and so on.

Any other questions, let us know.

Thanks,
Chris

sean,

good ideas... i am actually makin some kielbasa today with a vinegar based slaw to go on top a la Primantis...

i was in a new primantis last week and had their kilebasa primantis sandwich... the kielbasa was deep fried... a lil bit of heaven in between two thick cut slices of italian bread...

for pierogies... gotta go to the rocks or any local church within the city limits...

also nothing better than some Isalys chip chopped sammies...

btw "J'eet yet?? no j'ew?"
check out youtube... "pittsburgh dad".... hilarious stuff....

Kurt, I love Pittsburgh Dad. New episodes on Tuesdays gives me something to look forward to every week. My grandma goes to St. Stan's in the Strip, and brings back pierogies when they have their bake sales. Good stuff. Hard to beat chipped ham, too. I'm sure I don't want to see how it's made, but it is delicious.

Where is this new Primanti's? I like the deep fried kielbasa idea, and I want to try it next time I'm in town. And in what part of Pittsburgh do you live?

sean,

live in south hills... there are about 10 primantis now in da burgh and surrounding areas... strip downtown south side crafton robinson west mifflin and newest one on rte 19 in mount lebanon (this is the 1 I visited)....

My WSM is on the UPS truck and should be here by the end of the day... cant wait.... hope to put it together tonight... possibly do a little Mr. Soo seasoning burn tomorrow... and first cook of 2 pork butts sunday am in time for da Stillers game on sunday afternoon...

My WSM is on the UPS truck and should be here by the end of the day... cant wait.... hope to put it together tonight... possibly do a little Mr. Soo seasoning burn tomorrow... and first cook of 2 pork butts sunday am in time for da Stillers game on sunday afternoon...

Hope them pork butts looked better n'at defense. (yikes. I just felt Pittsburgh Dad typing through my fingers)

Back