USDA Prime Top Sirloin dinner for less than $4.00!

John Wallace

TVWBB Member
Sorry, it's available at a local grocer, but I did want to alert the members of what a fabulous steak we had tonight!

Like many of us, I'm a bit of a meat snob, and I only use Top for jerky. It's not that flavorful and virtually never has marbling. Imagine my surprise when after seeing the beautiful marbling I bought one and grilled it today, and my wife and I agreed it was at least 90% as good if not as good as our $11.00 pp Prime New York Strips we pick up at Costco on occasion.

I cold smoked them as usual for about two hours, then marinated, and grilled. Paired the steak with a spinach salad with hot bacon dressing, and a couple of Idahos.

Total cost per person, $3.60. With Prime at this price, I cannot imagine buying any other cut. Procedure and all recipes for the dinner here if interested. Highly recommended.

I think they sell USDA Prime top sirloin at Costco in the Denver area for a similar price. Worth checking out your local costco, maybe, or at least worth a call to the meat department.

Agreed - I picked up some Prime Top to try out. For that price why not?

While I still like my Rib Eye more - for this price is was still pretty darn good. Heck - its cheaper than the normal Rib Eye Choice I get at Costco ($6.99lb)

I think my Costco has Top Sirloin around the low $4.00 pp range.

Back