The newest member of my Weber family!

Tom S

TVWBB Fan
The kids got me all the parts from Amazon, (gotta love that wish list), and I put her together today...

7842398234_116a428d40.jpg
[/url][/IMG]

Been running a test burn, 3/4 of a chimney unlit, 5 lit and it's been holding 250 going on 6 hours now! Gonna cook something tomorrow, just depends on what the butcher has on sale.

I might try painting it later, just want to use it right now.

Tom S. Howdy

Looks good, Wish lists are good :wsm:

Did ya cut-out the bottom or make it look like swiss cheese?

hank

Last edited:
I went with the swiss cheese, but I think I will probably end up just cutting the bottom out completely...

7842495164_6e53e015f0.jpg
[/url][/IMG]

Loking good......you done good by getting the gold....you are gonna love it.......now burn some meat and post some pictures.

I went with the swiss cheese, but I think I will probably end up just cutting the bottom out completely...

7842495164_6e53e015f0.jpg
[/url][/IMG]

I'm going to also drill holes instead of the total cut out. I figure you can put stuff in it, if you take it somewhere.

Earl D, Howdy;

I'm going to also drill holes instead of the total cut out. I figure you can put stuff in it, if you take it somewhere.

You can carry stuff in it by putting the grates in the bottom as well... just a thought.

hank

I think since you are having such good temp control on your trial run, I wouldn't change a thing....just sayin..............

So far 2 cooks on my new mini, and I'm loving it! Did a pork butt for the first cook, 11 hours at 250 with no effort. Came out great. Ribs today, and again a great success. Don't think I will be slow cooking on my kettle's anymore. Sorry no pics, maybe I will remember next time.

Howdy back at ya Hank,

I did not re-fuel. Burned 11 hours on the charcoal and wood chunks I loaded at the beginning. Started the fire using a modified minion method, and the temp was just starting to drop a little, 220, when I was ready to take the butt off. I love this thing.

Back