New member cooking in Central Maine

Dean Smiley

TVWBB Member
I’ve been smoking for a couple of years with a Bradley Original Smoker but decided I needed a change since the electric Bradley has some limitations. After lots of consideration and online reading I decided the WSM would be the ticket so I looked on Craigslist and I’ll be darned if there wasn’t a very lightly used (like new) 18.5” for $175. That included a chimney and a little less than 1.5 bags of Kingsford. The charcoal missing from that bag is the only cooking it did. I thought that was a pretty good deal. So now with the help of this forum, I am looking forward to a very long and satisfying relationship with this baby.

Dean

wsm%20sm.jpg

wsm%20inside%20sm.jpg

Welcome to the fun, Dean. I just got back from my summer trip back to Maine... from Bryant's Pond, myself. Good thing about runnin' the smoker helps to keep the skeeters away.

Welcome Dean! Now, get to dirty-ing that WSM up and be sure to share some pics of your cooks in the Photo Gallery.;)

Thanks, everyone, for the warm welcome. And thank you, Gary, for the cooking on the patio link; I had not seen this before. I like the water heater drip pan idea.

Dean

WINNA WINNA CHICKEN DINNA!!:wsm: Bingo! someone's a happy guy! Great find and deal Dean. Christen that baby right! FIRE IT UP!! Welcome brother and I'll see you around:cool:

Last edited:

Back