Anyone in New England hear me?

VLReich

Anyone local hear me scream yesterday?

I hate wearing shoes in the summer. I go barefoot everywhere around my house, inside and out. You see where this is going?

Yesterday, I'm dumping coals from my chimney into the OTG, and I got distracted as one of my neighbors was driving by and waving. Finished setting up the grill and went inside to get my food. Came back out, opened the lid, and as I went to throw on my chicken, stepped directly on a lit coal.

It got me between the toes and the ball of my foot. All night long, it felt like the coal was still stuck in my foot.

There's my intro.

I have an old Joe that started the addiction, and added a OTS, OTG, and 18.5" WSM. Performer on the way?

Thanks to everyone that contributes to making this one of the best forums on the net!

Greetings from Lowell. You should go visit Dr Gonzo and pick up some hot mash. That way your tastebuds will be equally burned.

Dr. Gonzo sounds good, and gets some nice reviews on Yelp. Thanks for the tip! I've only lived in MA for a few years, so I'm still learning about new places. Thanks Jim!

Welcome VL. You've got quite a "Weber Family" going on. Your story reminds me that I have to be diligent of safety when I'm handling hot coals around the house. No need to burn down the house in pursuit of perfect BBQ. Thanks.

welcome. im in newton and i havent burnt myself (yet) but im guilty of grilling barefoot too.
good luck.

Back