Oklahoma > Tulsa: Burn Co. Barbeque

David Games

TVWBB Member
Burn Co. Barbeque
1738 S Boston Ave
Tulsa, OK 74119
http://www.facebook.com/Burncobbq

11th street directly across the street from TU's football stadium. They have only been there a little over a year and have developed a big following. I and a bunch of people I work with have become big fans.

Only open for lunch and often the line goes out the door. They cook everything on Hasty Bake grills. The owner worked at Hasty Bake for years as a cooking instructor I believe.

This is probably the best barbecue place I have been anywhere, and I used to live in KC. They have the best ribs I have ever had. They are baby back and have an incredibly tasty bark. Everything else is really good here as well.

For their sides, they have good smoky beans, but the star is their smoked potato salad which is really more like breakfast potatoes smoked on the hasty bake with onions, bell pepper and sausage.

Whoa, quite a compliment since you lived in KC. Oklahoma isn't on the map when it comes to BBQ destinations but it rightly should be!!

It is really good. If you look at the reviews on urbanspoon, almost every one says it is the best they have ever had.

Given my addiction to anything Hasty, Adam (the owner) is my "twin brother from another mother". It IS the best there is to be had, hands down, and I've eaten everywhere around here, as well as KC, Memphis, and Texas. Adam worked for Hasty Bake for 12 years doing a little of everything including cooking classes and competitions. Everything is cooked fresh each day on nine Hasty Bake Gourmets and when it's gone, it's gone.

As mentioned, the ribs are incredible and you'd better be there by 11:15 if you want them as they're the first to sell out. He does one heck of a fatty too. It's sad that his brisket and pulled pork take a backseat so to speak as they're amazing as well. And you never know what's going to pop up on the "specials" menu--I've had everything from chili verde to tenderloin and all of it is spectacular.

Yes, it's worth the trip if you're in northeastern Oklahoma. Tell 'em Hasty Brad sent you!

There's a good number of people who think Burn Co is the best joint in Oklahoma. I've not visited myself, it was on my list of things to do , that I never got around to. Steve Raichlen visited Burn Co several years ago and I believe did some kind of show about it.

But Burn Co lived up to its name last night, it burnt to the ground. This is a big loss for Tulsa barbecue. Seems this is a problem with barbecue joints

EDIT .. btw, Burn Co has another Tulsa location, just if someone was traveling through there

https://ktul.com/news/local/large-fire-destroys-popular-midtown-tulsa-restaurant

Last edited:

Back