WSM model 721001 or 2820

Dan,

The 721001 came out in Fall 2008 and was the first significant update to the WSM in about 25 years. It has these features that the 2820 does not have: <UL TYPE=SQUARE> <LI>A built-in thermometer with range of 100-350*F
<LI>Improved access door design: Knob now indicates closed position; improved spring-loaded latch; door can hang open from the side of the cooker or can be removed entirely
<LI>Increased water pan capacity to 2 gallons.
<LI>Sturdier legs
<LI>Heat shield below charcoal bowl protects surface below the cooker
<LI>Improved owners manual
<LI>Improved packaging provides better protection during shipping [/list]If buying the WSM online, please consider purchasing from Amazon using the links on the homepage. It's through the generous support of members shopping at Amazon that I am able to bring you TVWB free of charge.

As was discussed in a recent thread, you will occasionally find the WSM 721001 on Amazon for $244.99 with free shipping on "Friday Sale".

Regards,
Chris

Why is the 2820 priced higher than the 721001 on Amazon if it is new and improved? Why pay more for the 2820? What am I missing?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by G Force:
Why is the 2820 priced higher than the 721001 on Amazon if it is new and improved? Why pay more for the 2820? What am I missing? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>If you are not in a hurry, keep checking prices, currently {7-5-09} Amazon has the 2820 for $289 and the newer 721001 for $260.

I went with the older one because it was only $150.99 shipped from Amazon {bad box PERFECT smoker}

as for why the older one is more, you would think that they would want to get rid of the old stock first. go figure
icon_rolleyes.gif
wsmsmile8gm.gif

I found a used three times (excellent shape) 2820 with a cover, rib rack for sale locally for $200. Sounds like it is not a great deal.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by G Force:
I found a used three times (excellent shape) 2820 with a cover, rib rack for sale locally for $200. Sounds like it is not a great deal. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>well it is still $100 of retail and you did not have to assemble it{ok, there is not much to put it together
icon_wink.gif
}

I am not sure what they were thinking when they put mine up for $150 they must have really wanted to get it out of their shop, it had the 30 day return from Amazon so....

Back