Hello

S Riddell

TVWBB Super Fan
Hi Everyone,

My name is Scott and i am from London, Ontario. I am getting married next weekend and my fiance just bought me a WSM 22.5". I've been talking about it for a while and she surprised me with it on the weekend. I knew I was marrying her for a reason!:D

Doing my first smoke next Tuesday as we've got some friends coming down for the wedding. Going to do some pulled pork. Couldn't be happier that I found this site as there are lots of tips and tricks that I wouldn't have otherwise known.

I do have a question though, I only have wood chips and I've seen a tip on here about layering the woodchips in between briquettes using the minion method. Should I bother soaking the chips or will that just be a waste of time?

Thanks,
Scott

A lot of folks soak them but in my experience, it really doesn't matter. And congrats on picking such a wonderful spouse.

Ray

Hi Scott. Congrats on your new WSM. If it were me, I would wrap the soaked wood chips in foil with an opening on the top for the smoke to escape. Place on top of your coals. This method, IMO would produce more smoke than the small chips just burning away quickly. Chunks are alway better for the WSM.

Back