Smokin in Eastern North Carolina!

AlanWhitehurst

Just wanted to introduce myself. I have been reading a lot of the posts up here and learning as much as possible. I just purchased and tried out my first 22.5 WSM and love it. Previously I was using the Lowes special (Master Forge Green Bullet) smoker. It did the job but was not very good to leave alone.

I am planning to attend (not compete) in the BBQ Throwdown in Rocky Mount, NC on October 13. If anyone is competing there I would love to meet and chat with you.

Heres a tip too. Anyone in the eastern NC area or southern VA area. I was about to order my WSM online. While working in Roanoke Rapids, NC I stumbled across an Ace Hardware in Littleton, NC that stocked and sold WSM in both sizes and other smokers as well. That saved me the $40-$50 shipping i would have paid online.

I look forward to sharing pictures and learning from everyone up here.

Alan

Welcome Alan,

I also live in Greenville and I have some extra pecan wood that you are welcome to have for free. Send me an e-mail and we can get together. The pecan was given to me by the greenskeeper at a local golf course. They are nice people to know.

Ray

Glad to see another new North Carolinian on board! I'm just about to build my 18.5 WSM and will be doing my first smoke down in Raleigh this weekend. I've heard good things about the BBQ throwdown and was thinking about making the trip. Maybe I'll see you down there.

Welcome to the forum Alan. I predict a lot of good smoking coming out of that WSM of yours. Happy smokin!

Back