ways to attach lcd and button board to linksys case

John Bostwick

TVWBB Wizard
On my first controller I just build it using a custom case, this time im using the Linksys case for the build. Im having a issue of attaching the button board and Lcd to the case. I would like to have no visible screws on the outside of the case and I have not figured out a easy way of mounting them.

Any suggestions

John

I'm with you. Screws on the outside look terrible. My LinkMeter has no screws exposed.

For the LCD I just cut a hole to size so the LCD just fits snugly into place and put a piece of blue painters tape across the back just in case it wanted to slip out. It hasn't moved as far as I can tell.

The button board I bought some plastic wall plugs from Lowes, cut them to length with a hacksaw, screwed the button board into them, and then put a quick dab of hot glue on them and stuck it in place. I haven't had them come off yet but I'd hate to have to try and remove the screws to get it out. I'm relatively sure if I applied a decent force to it from the side it would pop right off.

i went to meijers at 2am and got some two part plastic glue by loctite and I totally covered the inside of the pcb and the case. It aint moving lol.

The lcd i was going to do just the same that you did. It seems it holds in there fairly well

Back