Wok for 22.5 inch OTG

Gerry D.

TVWBB Pro
I have been trying to find the weber wok but no one seems to have it. Are they still being made? If not does anyone have a wok that they would recommend? Thanks.

I do not believe Weber makes their wok any longer.
This place, IMO, makes the finest wok for grillin'.
It will last your lifetime, and your childrens childrens children's lifetime.
icon_wink.gif

Worth every cent!

Wow! That is nice. I want one. Do you have any of your famous cooking pictures of one in use Jim?

Thanks a lot, guys. Now I am not only obsessed with getting cast iron grates for my kettle.... I can't stop thinking about these amazing things.

I want to cook on one so bad. I think it would make me feel like an iron chef.

Here is my fantasy... Two 22" kettles... One full of nice crispy wings, while the other has a hot wok ready for action. I take the wings off the grill and toss them in sauce on the wok, to be served in the wok on the middle of my table. Also, there are a bunch of naked ladies everywhere... Also, I am drinking my billionth beer (a new world record) And I get a huge trophy while all the naked ladies carry me on their shoulders to celebrate....

Oh, sorry 'bout that... Anyway that wok looks AWESOME!!!!!!

As Jim states the Weber Wok is no longer made. Last made in 2007 I believe. I found one last year at an Ace Hardware on clearance. So they are still out there. Keep looking and good luck.

Originally posted by Gerry D.:
I have been trying to find the weber wok but no one seems to have it. Are they still being made? If not does anyone have a wok that they would recommend? Thanks.

Gerry D,

While traveling in Sacramento on a business trip, I noticed a local bbq store was selling the Weber 22 inch stainless steel woks. Yes, made by Weber. Retail is $39.99. I asked the sales lady if this was old Weber merchandise and she informed the woks just came in for the labor day weekend sale. I told her that Weber doesn’t even have the Wok on their website and she stated that authorized Weber dealers can get just about anything. Gerry, I would recommend working with either you local Weber dealer or giving Weber a call.

Gerry, There is a ace just a bit north of me that had about 4 of them a few weeks ago. They were clearance I gave it some thought but passed. I can't remember the price though. On my way to work I could pass and see if they still have them, if you want. Should not be more then a 50 min drive from Philly. Let me know.

I think I picked mine up last year at an outdoor home store but I think I paid about $50 for mine. I love mine. I wish I would have bought the other one they had.

Wayne

I will say this I have a hand hammered wok we use and have used for 25 to 30 yrs in the house and on the grill things a tank ! But if I had to replace it the plow disk is the only thing I would consider replacing it with !

Back