Hello from northwest Arkansas

KevinUnruh

Hello... I've been reading the forum for some time now and decided after the update I'd join. I found this website while looking for a new smoker and after many hours of reading i decided to build a Mini WSM that I've decided to call Smoker Joe. I did my first test run with it last weekend while my fiancee's family was in town. I did a 9lb boston butt that everyone thought was amazing(thank god testing a new smoker and rub and her family showed up!) but I guess as long as the mob is happy i'm happy. I couldn't find my normal rub which is cowtown's the squeal as I am a recent transplant to northwest Arkansas and had no luck finding it anywhere so I ended up using whatever the local grocery store had and wasn't terribly impressed. On the other hand I thought the cut of meat was good and I was really impressed by the performance of the Mini WSM it ran at 250 for 9 hours and still hand coals left! I look forward to taking part in some discussion on this forum as I've really enjoyed reading it the last few months and think the wealth of knowledge and friendliness of the members is impressive. Glad to be a new member and thanks for having me!

Back