Weber egg grilling. (with photos)

Jerry P.

TVWBB Super Fan
Tomorrow, I'm going to cook a 1.75 lb boneless pork loin using the Webber egg config and RO lump. Any idea how much lump I should use? I plan to cook indirect and reverse sear to finish.

Is that a boneless pork loin roast or a pork tenderloin?

I suspect that you'll be in good shape with about 3/4 of a chimney, especially if you are going to bank the coals to one side to give yourself a cool zone. I also would suggest foregoing the charcoal ring to give yourself more room to bank the coals to one side to create the cool zone opposite the banked coals.

Pat

Sounds good! It'll cook quick and if you push it past 145 it'll be dry.

I've been known to cook them whole to just shy of done (130 - 135), let it rest a few minutes, slice it into medallions, then toss the medallions back on the grill for about a minute per side.

I'm sure it'll be fantastic!

Pat

The Webber egg worked great. Cooked to 150* in about 45 minutes. The taste from the RO lump was wonderful. I'm hooked.

dcp_4272.jpg

dcp_4273.jpg

dcp_4274.jpg

I do a ton of cooking in the Egg configuration, great way to get high heat and close proximity to the coals. I did a whole loin on Sunday on my OTG, because it was too long to go on the Egg configured WSM. Still came out great though. The RO lump is my go-to charcoal for anything but low and slow setups.

Back