Newb From Scott AFB

J Long

Hey folks,

I'm a long time BBQ fan, but a total newb to actually cooking it. I have all the parts to build a baby bullet smoky joe project, thanks to this forum. I can't wait to actually put it together and try my hand at this!

A little about me: USAF Active Duty since 1990, I love my job and I'm also into outdoor stuff like Jeeping, firearms, camping, etc. last month I drove down to Montgomery, Alabama for some school, and I went an hour out of my way just to stop in Memphis. Both ways. I decided then and there that if I liked it that much, I need to learn it. Thanks to you all, I think I have found a smoker that suits my needs as a serial camper and small apartment dweller! Glad to be here.

Hey J. Welcome to the forum and thanks for your service. I also went into the USAF in 1990!!! Basic training in October I believe. Then, on to Pope AFB. Let me know if we have crossed paths! If I can be of help in bbq or anything else, just holler.

First off thanks for your service! I spent 20 years and 17 days in the Air Force as an air traffic controller! Welcome to the board... Hope you enjoy it as much as I have!

Back