BBQ Guru (CyberQ or DigiQ) on Mini?

BobbyTuck

I realize this might be overkill with the mini -- especially if it's a smokey joe gold versus silver -- but has anyone tried attaching a BBQ guru controller to their mini?

I'm building my mini this weekend, and I've got a CyberQ wifi I've been using with my Chargriller Akorn. I love the wifi part of the CyberQ for recording my cooks, but I'm wondering if the regular Weber adapter from BBQ Guru would work with the smokey joe. I wrote to BBQ Guru earlier today, but they said they weren't sure about the size of the vents on the smokey joe gold -- they couldn't find a picture specifically of the vents to verify that their Weber adapter would work.

I don't have my smokey joe gold yet -- gonna pick it up tonight via Craigslist -- but does anyone know if the side vents would work with the Guru Weber adapter? Is it worth even installing the adapter given (what I presume to be) fairly stable 225-275-ish temps? I figure it can't hurt -- especially if I already have the main controller and PitViper fan -- and need only an adapter.

Back