Hi from Kansas City, MO

Edward Alt

I'm new to this, so I'm starting small. I put together a mini WSM yesterday. Now I'm doing some research trying to figure out what I might smoke first ...

8TZ-DJzryDg_eu3cDZL36x8vSk8ExkyLk0ZFffDjZHU

Mwi2BBW3yuQnnQWkHxwY1h8vSk8ExkyLk0ZFffDjZHU

yh1knONC-jt1YGlyCD0dwB8vSk8ExkyLk0ZFffDjZHU

Thanks,
Ed

Welcome Ed! Nice to have you here. You might wanna toss a chicken on that smoker while you decide :)

Welcome to the site Ed!! Take a cruise thru the photo section or the bbqing section to get some dinner ideas!

Thanks for all your kind words. There is good bbq here in KC! One of these days I'll have to go to the Royal and get to sample competitive bbq!

Here's some pics. Tried to upload with the first post, but apparently it didn't work. Hope these aren't too big ...

IMG_00073.jpg

Smokey Joe Gold with a Vasconia 32 Qt Tamale Steamer with the bottom mostly cut out.

IMG_00075.jpg

I picked up a couple of clay pot saucers, 12" and a smaller one. I've covered the big one in foil in preparation. I'll put the saucer on the lower grate, then put another grate on top of that.

IMG_00076.jpg

charcoal basket

Today I picked up some rub and cherry wood, and a big pack of wings, baby backs, and a 8+ pound butt. Will prolly smoke the wings and ribs tomorrow.

Back