Howdy from Wyoming

After much research into which smoker to buy, I picked up an 18.5" WSM the last week of July, largely because I loved what I had been reading in these pages. What a great resource and community.

I grew up in Wyoming, lived in Cheyenne and Jackson Hole off and on, spent five years Out East and have always loved the flavors that only low and slow can bring.

I am new to the WSM but have been smoking on my Performer for about a year. Love the unit. Was able to hit 250 and hold it there for almost 8 hours the first time I took it out of the box.

Looking forward to some great years chewing the fat with you fellows!

Welcome aboard, Joe!

Glad to hear you are pleased with your new WSM.

Be sure to post some pics of your upcoming cooks in the Photo Gallery.:wsm:

Chew the fat Joe, butt please! don't spit it out :D

Glad you found us, you'll love it here!! :wsm:
Welcome home!

Thanks everybody. If anyone is ever making a trip out to Jackson or Yellowstone let me know and I'll make sure you're treated right by the grizzlies.

First time I had the WSM fired up I used it to put some smoke on my first attempt at home-cured bacon (photo below).

Friends, I am not afraid to say that the final result changed the way I view the world. What a difference. Great pork flavor, and the ability to dice or cube bacon to any thickness is a game changer. Cured with Tender Quick, chipotle, onion, garlic and cumin.

bacon.jpg

Back