Gas valve issue

Greg Brohman

I brought my newest 220 Q along on our annual Canadian fishing trip last week.
Day one,The Q was transported in the boat and the trip was 300 miles. 30 was on 1st Nation forest roads where the max speed was 15 mph because of road conditions.
Day 2, when attempting to start the grill to do the bacon I found the gas valve had shaken apart.
both screws had backed out and the little drive pin for the burner valve was found on the valve bracket!
I had to remove the bracket and put it back together, lite it up and grilled the pound of bacon before the crew finished the other pound on the cabin stove!
I won't get all my gear back until tomorrow night to see how the grill held together on the return trip.
I grilled about 4 pounds of spuds w/ onion and fresh mushrooms in foil and 8 steaks for supper last night in camp. The spuds took 30 min and with double foil stayed hot for the 14 min steak grilling time.
I was a little limited on spices when preparing the spuds (reds about 3/8 inch thick) and added about 1/4 cup of home made maple syrup. The spuds were a big hit! I am not big on pure maple syrup, but it was a real treat, as were the steaks after 3 days of all the fish we could eat.
So friends, check the gas valve and all other fasteners! I got lucky when I found all the pieces.
icon_smile.gif

41945-2.jpg

I just got my grill back this morning and I checked the gas valve screws and they were loose!
I had put this valve together and just from the trip home they had came loose. I will have to use loc tite on them now.
In the above picture you can see the two screws that hold the gas valve together.

Back