vacuum bag / roll size

Todd E.

TVWBB Member
I've ordered a Weston 2300 vacuum sealer and was wondering what size bags or rolls to get. For now, I'm going to be putting pulled pork into 1 - 2 pound packages. Anyone got any suggestions as to an optimal size or combo pack? Thanks.

Todd

I ordered boxes of pint-sized, quart-sized, and gallon-sized bags for my foodsaver. The quart-sized are the mama bears where I am concerned...just right. You can put about 2 pounds of PP in one and they smoosh down to a manageable size. The baby bear pint-sized are only good for single serving and the papa bears are just too big for most things. YMMV.

HTH.

Ron

Todd, I buy the rolls and make my own bags. I have the 8inch and the 11 inch. Since you can make them as long as you like they both work fine. YMMV
Some pretty good prices on Amazon if you buy 3pks
FoodSaver FSFSBF0634 11-Inch-by-16-Foot Roll of Food-Storage Plastic Bagging Material, 3 Pack

FoodSaver FSFSBF0526 8-Inch Roll Two-pack, 20 Feet Long

Mark

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Dennis Haner:
Save on all bags and rolls. Free samples available.

http://www.thevakshack.com/Home.html </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Got my free samples and used them on some ground chuck. Worked fine, time will tell.

Back