rotisserie turkey breast - skinless

Greg M.

TVWBB Fan
Turkey skin is a no-no at our Thanksgiving. Put your judgement aside (as I do) and help me out. I have plenty of experience roasting, frying, smoking and indirect grilling turkey and turkey breasts. Always with the skin on which gets removed prior to carving. This year I'm going to do a brined, fresh bone-in breast on the rotisserie. My thoughts are that rub will me more effective if I remove the skin but I'm worried about ending up with dry meat. Any thoughts?

Personally, I don't use a rub on turkey breasts. I just want to taste the smokey turkey goodness. I think you would be better off leaving the skin on while cooking and then remove it afterwards. You can spread the rub under the skin if you want.

Gregg,

My wife does not like the skin so I cook with the skin on, and remove later on her servings. I definitely use a rub and she enjoys the flavor of the rub without the skin.

Ray

Make a compound butter with your rub ingredients included (very finely ground) and put it under the skin. Use some on top of the skin as well - or just the rub alone. (If brined, skip the salt in the rub.)

Remove the skin for service (and send it my way.)

Back