Bought my first Weber!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tom Thresh

I bought the 22.5 One Touch Silver 2 weekend ago now. I told my wife that I was going out to look for a new grill. I didn't take very good care of my old Char-Broil gasser. Anyway, I came home with a 22.5 OT Silver, condement rack, tool hanger deal, side table/cutting board, lid holder, and a Kingsford charcoal caddy. A pretty nice day of shopping if you ask me!!!

Tom

You also bought a Weber Charcoal Starter didn't you?
icon_confused.gif

Since you're a new Weber owner, Tom, here are a few words of advice:

<UL TYPE=SQUARE>
<LI>Do NOT use your kettle frequently!!
<LI>Do NOT use any smoke wood in your kettle!!
<LI>Do NOT - by any means - get any of the Weber grilling cookbooks!!!
<LI>Do NOT invite family and friends over to taste your grilled culinary creations!!!
[/list]

If you do not heed my advice, friend, I can guarantee you that within a year, you will also have a WSM, maybe a Smokey Joe, and you will be grilling something every chance you get!!!

(I'm not saying that's bad or anything!! I'm just saying - that's what's gonna happen!!!)

icon_biggrin.gif

-Mike

Welcome Tom! If you take care of it, your new kettle will last you a lifetime, and maybe get passed down to your kids someday.

Welcome Tom

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mike O.:

<UL TYPE=SQUARE>
<LI>Do NOT invite family and friends over to taste your grilled culinary creations!!!
[/list]

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sound words of advice, I was never told those things years ago and made the mistakes, now I am considered a BBQ fanatic by my friends. I now demonstrate BBQs and Cooking for Weber Australia of a weekend during the spring/early summer months. GLW/SWMBO insists I cook BBQ meals at home at least 3 times a week and all my friends insist that the BBQ is at my place or I have to take my apron and tools to their place.

Make sure you heed Mike's sound words of advice.

Regards

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mike O.:

<UL TYPE=SQUARE>
[/list]

If you do not heed my advice, friend, I can guarantee you that within a year, you will also have a WSM, maybe a Smokey Joe, and you will be grilling something every chance you get!!!

(I'm not saying that's bad or anything!! I'm just saying - that's what's gonna happen!!!)

icon_biggrin.gif

-Mike </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Broke rule number 3 toady. I picked up Charcoal Gilling today at WalMart. What a book.

Try the Cedar-Planked Salmon with Hoisin-Mustard Glaze (p. 180). It's awesome!!! I made it on Good Friday this year.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Try the Cedar-Planked Salmon with Hoisin-Mustard Glaze (p. 180). It's awesome!!! I made it on Good Friday this year. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Tom - Do not, I repeat, Do Not cook the cedar planked salmon. It is addictive

Mike you should know better than getting people addicted - what will the food police say. LOL

Cedar planked fish has to be one of my all time favourite ways of doing fish and it is so easy.

Regards

Wow!! I know this is an old post, but I did the cedar-planked salmon yesterday and my whole family almost fainted! My family is my wife, 14 yr son, 12 yr daughter and 8 yr son...and that salmon was GONE in about 15 minutes!
Here are some pics!

i can't stand salmon. yuk. that being said, my wife and son love the stuff so yer pics helped me decide that i gotta do that for them. sure looked good. great job.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back