Sausage

Clark Deutscher

TVWBB All-Star
I'm going to try my hand at making sausage for the first time this weekend. I have a few recipes in mind. Just wondering if anyone has any recipes they enjoy for home made sausage. I'm pretty much open to any types.

Clark

I don't have a recipe I just usually use one out of Rytek Kutas book on sausage making for smoked sausage. I recently had some jalapeno/cheddar sausage made by Opa's from Fredericksburg, Tx - it had the perfect amount of diced jalapeno but too much cheese. Opa's Sausage

Italian sauage, OTOH, I have two recipes that I use but they are not mine and I don't smoke them. Everytime someone mentions that they make it I ask them for their recipe. I'm looking for this ellusive taste that I remember from when I lived up North. Lately I've had the sneaking suspicion that it's some form of sweetner, dextrose? I developed this theory when I was making a BBQ sauce out of a book, the sauce had no sugar and tasted kind of bad. I added a tablesppon of honey and was blown away by the change in flavors. It was still savory but it improved the taste profile 100%.

Back