New Pasta, for me

Bryan S

TVWBB Olympian
Found 2 new ones, at least for me.
I just discovered my new favorite pasta for Maccaroni salad this past week. I was standing there at Giant with time on my hands, looking at the many types of pasta cuts, in the pasta isle. Well one type really caught my eye as well along with another one, but less than the first one did.

First one for maccaroni salad which I made on Friday and again on Saturday and it's all gone. Rienzi (brand) type "Fusilli Corti Col Buco" they look like a phone cord coiled up, great for mac salad. Just bought 4 more bags of these tonight, love em alot.

The second one I bought, is for mac & cheese, Kevin Kruger's stove top Mac & Cheese. Ronzoni (brand) type Cavatappi, more of a stretched out phone cord, larger diameter, than the one I talked about above, and with ribs on the pasta to hold onto the cheese sauce.

Bryan, Had a hankering for Low Mein. Went out to an oriental specialty food store and picked up a box of lowmein noodles. Darn, that stuff is really good. Been eating the heck out of it.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Fusilli Corti Col Buco" </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Bryan,

Tried this with a nice puttanesca sauce, and I like it better than the penne I usually cook for this dish. Thanks!

Ray

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ray Crick:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Fusilli Corti Col Buco" </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Bryan,

Tried this with a nice puttanesca sauce, and I like it better than the penne I usually cook for this dish. Thanks!

Ray </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Ray, glad you liked it
icon_cool.gif
I've been making mac slad out of it and giving some to guys at work. They really like the the roni's. They ask what kind of pasta is that, never saw that kind before.
icon_smile.gif

Back