Will another brand probe work with a Maverick 73?

Andy Erickson

TVWBB Pro
My food probe went out on me (must have gotten the end wet). Does anybody know if a Polder replacement probe will work, because I won't have to order those.

i have an el cheapo remote therm i got at lowes years ago and an et-73. i don't know which food probe is which..lol. i use whichever one i pull out of the drawer first. must be ok because nobody has died, yet...

i actually did a test today and forgot to post back. i used both of my food probes on the maverick at the same time( put one in the smoker probe hole). they registerd between 0-2º different at any given moment. i think if the polder input plug is the same it will work. kind of hard to see the numbers here but it's 66 and 64. oh, and i found the old remote the 2nd probe goes to. it's a charmglow from lowes.

edit... i forgot to add that i brought these probes in from the drawer in my shed so that is why the low temps(my house isn't that cold..heh). the difference in temps were probably just one heating up faster than the other. if i had let them sit until they got to room temp i'm sure they would read the same.

03142009_270.jpg

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Andy Erickson:
Does anybody know if a Polder replacement probe will work, because I won't have to order those. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Polder probes work in my Nu-Temp units.

Back