I need a vacuum sealer!

Tim (the grillaholic)

TVWBB Super Fan
I posted in the discussion forum, and (thankfully)was directed to this forum also. I received $100 (Christmas gift) to put twords a vacuum sealer. While $100 is not the limit, I dont really want to stray too far north of that amount. I was just wom=ndering what everyone is using at their house and if they would reccomend it to a fellow Q-er.
Thanks in advance for any and all help, Tim

Tim over the years I've had a Rival & another off brand vacuummsealer. Bout a year ago got the Food Saver brand & it's much better. Food saver web site will often post specials for 50+% off. Register for their email alerts.
I have a model V3480 & once I got over the learning curve like it a lot.

I've got three Foodsavers. (partially because I live in two locations)
The last one I bought (right before Christmas) was the FoodSaver GameSaver Outdoorsman Gift Set. (GameSaver) I got it because you can use it with AC or DC power. There are times when it would be handy at competitions. (and power is always suspect)

I received one for Christmas, so far I've used it for BBQ of all types, sliced roast beef, roast beef steaks, coffee, nuts, cheese and lox.

I'm also learning how to use it for curing and marinating.

I'm hooked!

I love my foodsaver. Use it for Q, but other things as well. I did find that when I put it away I shouldn't lock it, since that seems to make the gasket stick and come loose when I open it.

I have 3 Foodsaver models. The first one I picked up new in the box 10 years a go at a garage sale for $10.
icon_biggrin.gif

in the last 6 months I have picked up 2 more, bot model 750, at Goodwill. $3.99 each!
icon_biggrin.gif
icon_biggrin.gif
Yes they work.

So start hitting your resale and charity shops.

Originally posted by Michael G. (Canada Mike):
I love my foodsaver. Use it for Q, but other things as well. I did find that when I put it away I shouldn't lock it, since that seems to make the gasket stick and come loose when I open it.

Dito!

The instructions that came with my FS actually say not to store it in the locked position.

Back