Smoked Pork Taquitos

Arthur Aguirre

TVWBB Member
I had a light bulb turn on when I had left over pulled pork...make taquitos.

This 7lb pork butt was originally made for tamales. It has a chile injection and a rub that consists of oregano, minced garlic, dried onion flakes, salt and pepper.
smoked-pork-taquitos1.jpg

I used my meatrakes to shred and added some reserved chile sauce
smoked-pork-taquitos3.jpg

Then I rolled the meat up in yellow corn tortillas and cooked in my deep fryer until crispy.
smoked-pork-taquitos2.jpg

Lastly, the final plate.
490.jpg

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mike R. (Heyworth):
Few things are as good as a homemade taquito. Well done! I've not made them in forever either. That must change. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You got that right...I don't understand they're only appetizers at the Mexican restaurant because I eat them as a meal when I make them at home! I make them way better too!

I completely agree Arthur, at our house, that's the meal! I swear my brother ate like 15 last time I made them. I was busy rolling and frying, and everytime my wife more over the table, the last ones were gone. I have no clue how he didn't burn out the inside of his face with them right out of the hot oil!

Back