Convert

Anthony W.

TVWBB Fan
I started a few years back with the 18 inch siver kettle, then moved up to the 22 inch with
the ash catcher, and then last year the Performer and I'm loving it. I was wondering if I can mod my 18 inch to bring on fishing camping trips...as its doing pretty much nothing sitting in the basement..

Anthony

Cut the legs off to equal lengths. Buy some rubber "feet" to slip over the ends of the cut pipes (at a Lowes, Menards, Home Depot, etc.) Use a bungee cord to hold the lid down.

Good to go!!

JimT

yep, that should do it. i got a big key ring, and threaded three appropriate lengthed bungees through the end loops on it.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by JimT:
Cut the legs off to equal lengths. Buy some rubber "feet" to slip over the ends of the cut pipes (at a Lowes, Menards, Home Depot, etc.) Use a bungee cord to hold the lid down.

Good to go!!

JimT </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Once you shorten the legs, will you need to adapt use something to stabilize the three legs - like the triangle thing on the bottom of the legs of the One-Touch? Or like the bars between the legs of a three legged stool? I wonder, too, if since the grill will be picked up and transported, if you want to put a screw into the leg socket and the leg so the leg's don't fall off when you pick it up?

Just a couple of thoughts.......

Pat

for the legs to stay on maybe use pins. as to the legs, there are many options but i like multi taskers so maybe wrap the bungee that holds the lid on around the legs. i can see wire being used, or brackets or----

I'm not sure what the distance would be between the legs, but when I did an ECB mod a while back, one of the steps was to get some threaded rods about 8" long.

You could get three of those, drill through each leg at slightly different elevations, and use cap nuts on each end of the threaded rod.

I'm guessing that a stroll through the hardware department at Lowes of Home Depot would yield a couple of different ideas!

Good luck.

Pat

Back