Tired of stirring your sauce, or busy otherwise?

Geir Widar

TVWBB Wizard
Then this little battery powered gizmo is a must- have. Press the button on the top, which I cleverly managed to leave out of the picture, and this automatic stirring spoon takes care of the rest, with its three silicone covered feet. It does not complain, nor does it get tired. I love it!

(Clik on pic for large one)

Ok, so this is a rather special gadget, but I did not expect it to be this boring..
Noone wants one, or do you not do sauces that needs constant attention?
icon_smile.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">or do you not do sauces that needs constant attention? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I need the exercise.
icon_razz.gif

Honestly Geir, I had a reply typed when you first posted, but it was just to tease you about it, and I deleted without posting.

Looks like you're using it on a roux, and that's about the only stirring that I do, (no rhyme intended) and very seldom at that.
I don't make many sauces, but I'm sure it's nice for someone that does.

"Stupid gadget" was my first thought as well.
Luckily I tried it before I got rid of it.
I used it last night, it took care of the sauce while I was busy tinkering with the new years eve turkey, vegetables, potatoes, starter and dessert.
You do not need to remember to stir the sauce every five minutes, and usually my head is full enough of other stuff that I need to take care of.

So- I agree that it looks like a novelty, but it is a great help during some cooks. By the way, the sauce was fantastic!

I think it is called "Brix stirr"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3EYE_WukTME

RETAILERS IN USA

Bed, Bath & Beyond
Container Store, The
Linens N Things
Kitchencollection
Zabar's

For more information, please contact our distributor:

Harold Import Co.
747 Vassar Avenue
Lakewood, NJ 08701

Toll free: 800-526-2163
Fax: 732-364-5071
E-mail: info@haroldimport.com

URL for info above, with links: http://www.brixdesign.com/702/retailers-in-usa

This will never be something that I use every day, but it is a great help when you have a lot to do with the rest of the food.

Back