First Stoker Cook!!!

Jay B

TVWBB Fan
First of all, let me thank Amir for his wonderful program. Its obvious alot of hard work has gone into it, and its very appreciated. Now I'm using two of your software creations in my two favorite hobbies.
icon_wink.gif

I bought the Stoker with 3 food probes, 1 pit probe, the 5cfm blower and WSM adapter, and 25cfm blower for my stick burner. I was planning an ambitious dual cook, but quickly realized I forgot to buy a 2nd pit probe.
icon_frown.gif

I had to do this first cook on the big stick burner since I was cooking alot of food. The family hears I'm firing up the pit and all sorts of food appears. The stoker amazed me, by far the most fuel efficent cook I've ever had. I had the pit going more than 7 hours on 6 mesquite splits and 2 chimneys of charcoal at the end. Amazing! I will attach my log at the end of this post. The ups and downs are due to me constantly opening the doors to add and take off food. I was cooking ABT's, chicken, ribs, pig candy, and some other stuff. I kept opening the firebox door in amazement as well. The cook went great, except for one incident at the end of the cook. Stokerlog went haywire, the temps reported were displaying all crazy up and down. Ends up my crappy old Linksys game adapter had lost connection with the router, I have a new adapter ordered!

I have a couple of questions:

Is it possible to move the label boxes around?

With my setup I need much longer cables for the food and pit probes. I would like to keep everything in a tote box I bought, and have one cable going out for the blower, and one cable going out that I can attach all of the probes too. Is this possible? Ive seen the adapters at Rocks site, but It seems it would take alot of splitters and I need the wire long. I want a 4 plug on one wire. Am I dreaming?

Thats all for now, pics added, Thanks again Amir!

stoker2-11-08stick.png

stoker21008001.jpg

stoker21008004.jpg

stoker21008005.jpg

Thanks for the kind words Jay. That is quite a set-up you have there!

On moving boxes, I assume you mean the boxes on the user interface. If so, the answer is no, especially in the new version of the program where they are dynamically created based on number of probes you have. Tell me what you want to do and maybe there is another way I an accomodate them.

On a single cable going out, that is absolutely possible. All the probes and wires use a two wire communication system. You can wire them all up in parallel to each other and they still manage to stay seperate and send their data to stoker.

So you would take one cable out, and then have a bunch of "phono jacks" that the probes would then plug into. You would need to make your own adapater as I have not seen anything that is more than a splitter with two connections.

It would look like a tangled mess but you can cascade the Y adapters to make more feeds. In other words, one cable would go out from the stoker and then you would have a Y that feeds two other Ys, and that would give you four ports. By the way, I am pretty sure you can run the blower the same as the probes so you do not need a seperate cable for that either!

Let me know if this is not clear and I can expland on it more.

It's me again
icon_smile.gif

To get a long cable from stoker to above box, all you need a stereo phono cable. Music shops have these. If there is a "Guitar Center" next to you, they stock them there otherwise, shop online.

That's exactly what I was looking for, Thanks! I will shop around music stores and see if I can find the cables and adapters.

The boxes I'm talking about are the label boxes that I added notes to the graph. I've seen other guys post their stoker log graph, and their note boxes were on top and a little easier to read. Mine were getting created at the bottom, and I couldn't figure out a way to move them. If this is not possible, no big deal at all, it is perfectly functional the way it is. Thanks again.

Yes, you can move those. That is what I added in latest version of 4.3. Move your mouse over the box, hold the shift key down and then move the mouse and box will move with it.

If you click on the box, it will rotate 90 degrees and keep rotating that way until it is back to normal again.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Amir:
It's me again
icon_smile.gif

To get a long cable from stoker to above box, all you need a stereo phono cable. Music shops have these. If there is a "Guitar Center" next to you, they stock them there otherwise, shop online. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

TO add to what Amir said, Make sure it's a 1/4" STEREO extension cable, not just a normal 1/4" extension. You need all 3 wires before it will work.

Back