speaking of wood handles

Sounds like a fun project and certainly doable George. I don't own a Q, but lookin at a few pics, the handles look very similar to the wood handles on a Pella or Anderson sliding glass door. If you have an "old thyme" lumber yard in the area they might have some replacement handles as-long as the centers are correct.

Tim

well, i looked around and found nothing premade. so i got a 1" oak dowel and will make the handle out of that. nothing fancy but at least it isn't plastic.

welllllll, i started to make the handle and found that a round dowel just doesn't do the q justice. so i noticed the handle is cut out. i have a test piece of wood that i will insert in this. i think it will look good enough for now.

better ? yes, no ?

IMG_0355.jpg

Looks great George! How did you attach it? Did you use a screw through the back? or maybe some sort of epoxy?

justin, thats just a test strip to see how it looks. so its just pushed in. i plan on looking for a nice piece of wood and forming it to the whole opening. not sure how i will attach it. maybe just a drop of glue as it really doesn't need much to stay in there. i sure like the looks.

George, If your able to fill the entire area with the inset and then have that little bit of black; looks fantastic!

Back