Which one?

Pat Barnes

TVWBB Pro
I am seriously thinking of a gasser after all these years of C'coal. Like the Weber Q. I am limited on space to keep it. Still like a Kettle and WSM but the quickness of gas for a few grilled veggies is tempting. Any help?

Pat,

Buy a Weber Q. They cook great and are small enough to hide in a closet.

Check ebay & Craig's List for deals.

Jim

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Pat Barnes:
Thanks for the help. I am leaning that way-toward the Weber Q. What price would be considered a "good deal"?LOL </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Pat,

I would consider that Bill and Ron got great deals. I did okay with my Baby Q. If you can get a Q with the rolling cart for around $100, buy it.

Jim

Jim,
Thanks for the guidelines. Since you opted for the Baby Q --how do you like it? I looked at it first at Amazon. Had great reviews. I guess I am really asking "Does it fit your needs"? I was planning on a gasser for supplimental cooking capacity,especially when the main course is on the Kettle/WSM at a low temp and we want some grilled xyz to go with it. The portability of the Baby Q is a plus also. DECISIONSDECISIONSDECISIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Pat Barnes:
Jim,
Thanks for the guidelines. Since you opted for the Baby Q --how do you like it? I looked at it first at Amazon. Had great reviews. I guess I am really asking "Does it fit your needs"? I was planning on a gasser for supplimental cooking capacity,especially when the main course is on the Kettle/WSM at a low temp and we want some grilled xyz to go with it. The portability of the Baby Q is a plus also. DECISIONSDECISIONSDECISIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Pat,

I think my needs are different from yours. I picked the Baby because I am working 200 miles from home and will use it mainly to cook for myself during the week (and it is less costly than the other Q's). But it seems to be plenty big to cook for a dinner or tailgate party. I think it would be fine as a supplemental grill when cooking the main meal over charcoal.

Jim

Thanks for more help. While we are on this thread--what are the actual demesions for the the various grills.That might help with the decision. I can take a piece of paper and lay it out in front of me and say"Boy,that's small or Boy tha's large enough. I prefer that to sq. in.Sort of like cookware. I prefer the actual size of a pot more than it holds 8 qts. I have at least 3 pots that hold that much and they're all different!!

Thanks a bunch. That means something. I can make a template that size and look at it. I am asking these questions 'cause no one in my area has any of the Q models set up for sale. "It's getting to be a lot like Xams" at the big boxstores.

How does that size compare with the larger models?

We have a Genesis Gold with the side burner. It may be a bit larger than some but the side burner really is nice to have.

Bob,
You are right on the attraction of the side burner.I looked at a lot of gassers this WE as the"end of season"clearances rae on at the Big Box Stores. The Weber Genesis Silver was present at the places I looked. It was at least twice as much as the rest-$399. No side burner.
The quality and therefore the price is evident when you look closely at all of the gassers. Still trying to decide. I may change direction and start looking for a place to put a lareg gasser rather than getting a portable.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">I may change direction and start looking for a place to put a lareg gasser rather than getting a portable </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Pat,

If you get a gasser, definitely get the side burner. You will never be disappointed.

In eastern NC we get hurricanes (like you do in TX) and that side burner is great in an emergency when we are without power!

Also - I like to cook bacon and sausage outside on the side burner. Keeps the smell and greases out of my kitchen - and there is someting magical about the outdoor aroma of bacon cooking! mmm!

Ray

You guys are sure tempting me!! And Home Depot and Lowes aren't trying to discourage me at all.

I guess it may be the old"Buy now,create a need/use later" Theory.

I also cook hash browns and eggs on the sideburner on an old cast iron griddle. Some days I thing that 2 sideburners would be nice!

Back