Panini Grill/GT Express/Foreman Question...

Hello all, I'm wanting to get one of these, and would like advice on a good one.
A plus would be one that opens flat and the base and lid make two grills, but it's not a deal-breaker.
Thanks!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Michael Constable:
Hello all, I'm wanting to get one of these, and would like advice on a good one.
A plus would be one that opens flat and the base and lid make two grills, but it's not a deal-breaker.
Thanks! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I have the George Foreman one and I find it doesn't get hot enough, even with pre-heating. I cooked chicken breasts on it the other day and got grill marks on one side only. Also, if you are looking for something for sandwiches, I suggest that you look for one with a hinged top. The George Foreman one does not have a hinged top so it squishes the sandwiches.

This thread will be helpful to me too.

I've been considering the Cuisinart griddler too. I currently have a Krups griddler that does a fine job, plus a large, drectangular electric griddle and thought I would try to combine them into one appliance. So far, the only one I've found that has reversible plates with the 2 options (flat or ridged) is the Cuisinart, which opens all the way to become a flat griddle.

I have read some reviews of the Cuisinart, and some folks say that either the top plate or the bottom plate heats hotter than the other.

The only other item that seems to be a negative for the Cuisinart is that when grilling meats, and you lift the the top, grease drips from the back of the lid down the back of the unit.

Otherwise the reviews are very good for the Cuisinart griddler.

Rita

Back