Beer can cornish hens

John Solak

TVWBB 1-Star Olympian
Brined for 4 hours, rubbed with Big Ron's rub. Added some apple wood for smoke.Cooked at 300-350*
P1000674.jpg

Hot off the grill, Mixed up some butter and Stubbs spicy BBQ and applied to hens 10 minutes before pulling.
P1000676.jpg

Made some fried rice with some turkey and SPAM I had BBQed earlier in the the weekend.
P1000677.jpg

Cheesy garlic bread.
P1000678.jpg

Plated
P1000680.jpg

Since those little chickens are smaller than a regular fryer, do you have to use the little skinny beer cans to sit them on?
icon_smile.gif

Pat

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Pat Smith:
Since those little chickens are smaller than a regular fryer, do you have to use the little skinny beer cans to sit them on?
icon_smile.gif

Pat </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I used those little cans of V-8 juice

Nice looking hens John!!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">I used those little cans of V-8 juice </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Did you leave V-8 in the cans or did you use beer in the cans?

I think they are Tyson brand cornish hens. I got them at Costco in the frozen food section, 6 to a pack.

I drank the V-8 but left a little in the can and added some beer.

John, looks great!
What do you have the hens tied up with? That looked very interesting.
Good idea with the v8 cans!

They're silicone bands, don't know the brand. I have ones from ACE hardware that look like different color rubber bands, love them.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by michele p:
Thanks Brad, I'll have to go to Ace and check them out. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

In case they don't have them in the store, they can order them, here's a linkey with the skew (item) #.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Good idea with the v8 cans! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I was going to guess red bull.

those ties look nicer than the foodloop, which don't work and I've seemed to have misplaced...good riddance.

Back