TVWBB Fan
Baby Back Ribs With Mustard Sauce

1/3 cup Brown sugar

1/4 cup Onion, finely chopped

1/4 cup Vinegar

1/4 cup Mustard

1/2 teaspoon Celery seed

1/4 teaspoon Garlic powder

4 pounds Pork spareribs, or pork loin ribs, membrane removed.

For sauce, in a saucepan combine brown sugar, onion, vinegar, mustard,

celery seed and garlic powder. Bring to boiling, stirring till sugar

dissolves. Preheat grill. Adjust heat for indirect cooking. Place ribs

on grill rack over medium heat. Cover and grill for 1 1/4 to 1 1/2 hours or

till ribs are tender and no pink remains. Brush occasionally with sauce the

last 15 minutes of grilling.

Yeah for me it's like....sorry but the Bullet is the ONLY way I will eat ribs anymore, anything else just seem sooooooo obsolete........

Big Al

Smoke till tender (could use foil methods) and glaze with mustard sauce at the end. I really enjoy mustard sauses on pork (I would add a little heat to the recipe with cayenne or red pepper flakes).
Jim

I like mustard sauces on pork as well. Personally I don't really like KC/tomatoe based sauces normally, but I love Vinegar sauces and mustard sauces. I grew up in Kansas so go figure. One caveat, however, I was born on the East Coast of North Carolina. I moved back west when I was two though, so I still can't explain my preference for Carolina style BBQ.

Had my first ever taste of Mustard sauce this week, Bone Suckin brand, and it was excellent. A nice change from the ordinary Q sauce and really like the balance of sweet, tangy and hot. Definately going to use it more often.

I was going to try this on the smoker this weekend. I noticed there is no rub or seasoning on the ribs themselves. I realise it's all personnal preference, but should I salt and pepper or just put them on "nekkid"

Kev

Kev,

I just use salt and pepper.
My favorite wood with ribs is Pecan or Almond.
Lots of Almond here in Cal.
I really want to try some Pistacio but to get that, I'd have to journey down to Southern Cal.

Jim C

Jim,

thanks! I tried the sauce this weekend. It was great. My wife really loved it too. I didn't particulaly care for the ribs with just salt and pepper though. But you never know untill you try.

I used a couple chunks of pecan and one hickory. Worked out great.

Kev

Back