Smoked peanuts?

Paul K

TVWBB Guru
I'd like to try smoking some nuts and thought I'd experiment with the low cost peanut. I've never seen smoked peanuts before and wonder why? Can roasted nuts be smoked quickly or do you need to use raw ones?

You might try giving roasted peanuts about an hour of smoke and see what you get. Did you see the smoked almonds thread? A lot of experiences there to let you feel less uneasy about trying them.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Paul K:
I'd like to try smoking some nuts and thought I'd experiment with the low cost peanut. I've never seen smoked peanuts before and wonder why? Can roasted nuts be smoked quickly or do you need to use raw ones? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
If you want to smoke peanuts you could do it 2 ways. Use raw and follow the almond thread that Doug posted, or use pre roasted and cold smoke them. IMO, if you used pre roasted nuts and did them even for a hr or so at 200 they might be a tad crispy. But as you said they are cheap enough. Let us know how you make out.

Doug, Bryan and Shawn,

I didn't realize the amount of smoke needed for nuts, I would have guessed "a little goes a long way". Thanks for the info, I'll keep you posted.

Paul

Back