Sunday pantry raid

JSMcdowell

TVWBB All-Star
I pinched a nerve in my back Saturday and was pretty much still completely useless Sunday. After sitting in the recliner for 7 hours, I had to do something. I was going insane. Driving would have been about impossible, so I was limited to what I had at home, which wasn't much. Got a flat iron & some corn from the freezer, an onion and some grits from the pantry.

Didn't get pictures of the process since it was a pain just to be moving at all. But I came up with: Ancho rubbed flat iron on top of grilled onions, with jalapeno skillet corn all on a bed of creamy cheddar grits:

IMAG0233.jpg

Sorry to hear of your back troubles JS! Great looking grub though. Get well and share the Weber Fireplace pictures with us.

That looks awesome! We don't think about grits too much up here but it sure looks like they go great with a meal like this.

That all looks Great! The flatiron steak is quickly becoming one of our favorites.

Get well soon!

Thank you everyone.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">That all looks Great! The flatiron steak is quickly becoming one of our favorites. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yep, I have been wearing them out lately. As long as you know how to cut it, it is a very tasty and economical cut. I love having 6 oz portions in my freezer where I can thaw in a few minutes and cook in just another few.

Back