Stoker on a 22" WSM

Sean S

Has anybody had an opportunity to try thier Stoker with the new 22"? My question is whether the 5cfm fan is big enough or do you need the 10cfm fan for the bigger WSM.

Thanks!!

Pretty much everyone I have spoke to says the 10 without hesitation...that thing is BIG! I just got mine today and also purchased the Stoker with a 10 CFM fan. I will be cooking some butts this weekend, but decided I want to go primitive (without the stoker) for the first cook.

No. Several problems that I ran into.

First, the threaded screw pattern on the 10 cfm fan is different from the screw pattern on the 5 cfm fan, so I got a dish drilled for the 10 cfm fan from Rocks.

Second, the bolt used to attach the “dog dish” over the bottom vent on the 18, goes through the bottom hole in the vent up through a hole in the dish, just below the fan at 6 o’clock. On the 22”, there are four holes in the vent, not three like is on the 18, so it does not seal over the vent.

In an attempt to remedy the second problem, I drilled a hole for the bolt at about 5 o’clock and used a small nut instead of the wing nut, but the dish is too small to get a good seal around the vent, even with the tabs cut off.

I bought a larger dog dish at Pet Food Express but haven’t had time to drill it to fit the 10 cfm fan yet. If I have time next week, I’ll call John at Rock’s and see if I can bring him the bottom of my 22 and the larger dish and see if we can set up something that works.

Back