Smokey Joe Platinum discontinued?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I cant find many for sale on the internet, and the Weber site no longer lists them.
Are they still being produced?

NEVERMIND.
I'm an idiot - I should've searched first.

Too bad about it being gone, though...

Yes, they've been discontinued whatever that means
icon_wink.gif

Dang it!!

Dear Chris,

I'm terribly sorry but the "Smokey Joe Platinum Grill" you ordered has been discontinued and we no longer have any in stock in any of our warehouses. I have voided the transaction. You will not see a charge on your credit card statement. (I apologize the item hadn't been removed from our website in time.)

Sincerely,
Angelina Orion
http://www.BuyHardwareSupplies.com

interesting. i couldn't find it on my ace site. last time they had a sale (20.00) they had over 600 of them. i would wait until they had another sale. or try ebay or craigslist. most folks then try to modify them with a lower vent. if your of this ilk then mabe just buy an 18 in regular model and cut the legs shorter.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by george curtis:
interesting. i couldn't find it on my ace site. last time they had a sale (20.00) they had over 600 of them. i would wait until they had another sale. or try ebay or craigslist. most folks then try to modify them with a lower vent. if your of this ilk then mabe just buy an 18 in regular model and cut the legs shorter. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thats what I'm thinking of doing. I like taking a kettle camping but my 22 1/2" is just a bit to much bulk. A cut down 18" silver/gold cut down would serve the same purpose as the SJP.

ace hardware where i live have about 8 platinums in store ready to purchase ($40)... I would but I dont really need a grill that size to take on the road....I will say it is a NICE lookin grill though.

I got interested in the platinum after finding this site a few weeks back. I was looking to replace my gas go-anywhere. My local ACE had 5 of them back then, at $49.99. I made the decision to buy and went last week to buy the LAST one there! The ACE site indicates their warehouse is out. If you find one...buy it!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back