Regulator for natural gas. 2 psi to 7" wc -where can I get one?

Todd J

I'm installing a new EP-320 natural gas. I tapped into the gas line after the meter and run it about 60' to the back porch. I used 1/2" black pipe and reduced it to 3/8" for the grill connection. Now I find out my gas is supplied at 2 PSI and the grill only needs 7" of water. I called weber for a regulator, they said call the gas company. I called the gas company and they said to go to the hardware store and buy an appliance regulator. I called my appliance parts / weber dealer store and they don't have anything. I called a heating and cooling company and they are gonna look for one. Is it really this difficult to buy a regulator? If I go to Home Depot / Mendards / Lowes, will I find what I need?

No luck at the hardware stores, but did locate the correct valve at a heating and cooling company. If anyone else gets in this situation - the part is a Maxitrol Line Regualtor model 325-3L. It reduces from 2 psi to 7-11" wc. It has 1/2" FNPT connections on both ends. Was told it is commonly called an appliance regulator.

Back