Permanent wireless therm?

Todd Randall

TVWBB Pro
I would like the best of both worlds. I'd like to drill and mount a quality therm like the Tel-Tru so when I'm out back kicking around drinking beer, I can just glance at the smoker. It'd be pretty cool if the same therm also doubled as a wireless transmitter and just had an on/off switch and talked to a corresponding receiver (with alarms options like the maverick) I could use on overnight cooks.

Anybody ever seen anything like this?

Todd

I have wondered about the same thing, but have yet to find anything. I like having the Tel-tru mounted in the lid, but find myself dangling the pit probe for the Maverick thru the lid vent and relying on it more and more.

I wish I went to school for E. Engineering now.

I did email Tel-Tru as I noticed that they have a digital line of therms (Digi-Tel) and they have a temperature tranmitter (wired) that can be inserted between the probe and the dial. They told me they don't have any kind of wireless transmitter/receiver unit.

That digi-tel line looks nice, you can even swap out and interchange different sized probes real easy. Even one that swivels / angles.

Not sure how well the dial unit would hold up to lid temps though.

The quest continues.

Todd

Back