Venison On a stick

Matt Reynolds

TVWBB Member
I tried this the other day with the backstrap of my sister in laws kill with her explorer. I took the backstrap and added a little bit of tenderquick and Alot of balsamic vinigar. Marinated for 4 Days then drained off. Then added a little more balsamic vinegar. And Wraped each piece with Bacon and sprinkled with brown sugar. Grill Over Med Heat untill the bacon started to Crisp. Then Took BBQ Sauce and brushed on top flipping every few minutes to brown the BBQ Sauce. Everyone of my friends which are big hunters including me loved it. I got the reciepe from doing the same thing with Wild Ducks.

I take quite a number of deer each year, thankfully not with an Explorer
icon_smile.gif
. Sounds like a good recipe. I marinate mine in Moore's at least overnight and then grill to med rare, maybe 135. Usually use Montreal steak seasoning.

I have slice the backstrap thin, hammered till quite thin and then rolled. Cut a strip of bacon and wrap - hold with a toothpick. Then marinate and cook as above.

I also use chunks of backstrap for kabobs. ime, it really is a great cut of meat - the poor man's tenderloin
icon_smile.gif
- although when you really look at what you've invested in the meat, its probably a lot more expensive than beef tenderloin !

Paul

The backstrap is one of the finest cuts of meat there is. I wouldn't think of hiding the wonderful flavor with vinegar. After 4 days can you even taste the meat? I use only Lawry's seasoned salt & pepper. I cook whole backstraps and tenderloins indirectly on a couple of strips of bacon to about 130º-135º. Rest for 15 minutes and enjoy.

I agree, 4 days marinating seems excessive to me but that is what bbq'n and grillin are about. Making something you and your close friends enjoy ;-)

Thanks for sharin! That is what makes this place so great.

Back