Specialty Cookbook

Jim Rankin

Hi Jamie, thanks for taking the time to talk to us.

Just wondering if you would ever consider a specialty cookbook that features just side dishes or desserts? Or maybe one that has an international flair to it?

I have all your books including the most recent Live Fire one and love them all. In fact the Apple Brined Turkey from The Art of the Grill has become a Christmas Eve tradition for my family for the last four years.

Thanks for being such a great ambassador for charcoal grilling. Please pass on to Mr. Tim Turner what a wonderful job he does in your cookbooks - photos are amazing!

Hi Jim,

I appreciate your message. You know, I get more compliments on that Apple Brined Turkey than almost any of hundreds of other recipes I’ve developed. I hope that someday you’ll try the Brined and Barbecued Turkey with Pan Gravy in “Weber’s Charcoal Grilling.” It’s adapted from the one you like. On www.webernation.com there is a little video of me preparing it, if you want to see a preview.

I’d be happy to write specialty cookbook. They can’t all be big, comprehensive grilling books, right? I’ve learned in places like this forum that some people are looking for specific topics. Maybe they have their main courses all figured out, but they want new ides for sides or desserts, or appetizers. As another example, if I wrote a book just on fish, that would allow me to really dig into the details of how to grill various types of fish. I like your thinking. I’ll talk to my publisher about it.

Thanks!
Jamie

Anyone else have specialty cookbook ideas?

Back