Sunday Brisket

Mike Coffman

TVWBB Olympian
DSC_2735r.jpg

Bought a 2 1/2 pound brisket flat from Costco last month and decided today was the day for
brisket, besides my freezer has started to runneth over with food. Either need to get a bigger freezer or cook more or both..

DSC_2739r.jpg

Rubbed with Kevin Kruger's Coffee-Cocoa rub and onto the WSM with some oak chunks.

DSC_2748r.jpg

To go along with the brisket, we are having sliced spuds with Penzeys 3000, carrots and butternut squash.

DSC_2752r.jpg

Brisket off the grill and going to rest for awhile.

DSC_2755r.jpg

Butternut squash onto the smoker, since I still had plenty of coals and I brought the temp up to about 300.

DSC_2757r.jpg

Spuds and carrots onto the grill.

DSC_2761r.jpg

Wife said lets do the mushrooms and peppers since they are at their "use by" date. No problem there.. So sauteed mushrooms and peppers on the grill.

DSC_2769r.jpg

Plated, brisket was juicy and had a nice smoke ring. Whole meal was delicious!

I need to find a 26" grill if I am going to continue to cook all these different items at the same time. I know I could have used the ROL, but you can't sautee on the ROL...
icon_wink.gif

Thanks for looking.

Thank you for your kind comments
icon_smile.gif

Mark, the squash took about 40 minutes on the smoker. I steamed them in plastic wrap in the microwave for about 6 minutes and let them cool before putting them on the smoker. They were definitely delicious.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Hugh Albrecht:
Could you tell me please what internal temp. you smoked the brisket to. thanks </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hugh, I cooked to internal of 192. It was probe tender at that temp. I usually cook until the probe or toothpick slide in with no resistance, so the temps will vary.

Back