New Sidetable

Guess what I just added to my Amazon Wish List.

I just worry that like the tool-holder this guy may interfere with the seal of the top on the bottom. I usually run my WSM on an 18.5" wheeled base - I would love to have the table but not at the price of an air leak.

Right the airleaks are an issue but nothing a few mods can't fix. I've got the old Kettle-Mate tables on my One-Touch and they attach under the bowl with l-brackets under the rolled edge of the bowl. It wouldn't be hard to rig up something like that on this new table. I love my Kettle-Mate tables but they make the lid hook obsolete. I had to bolt on a slide-away lid holder to the table brackets. It's a shame that BGE bought the patent for their Egg-Mate tables.

I just got one of these and it looks very well thought out. It's much larger than the wooden shelf/cutting board manufactured by Weber and the sturdy plastic will last longer too. It has a cutout in the front that enables you to place it over one of the handles. The legs snap in and out so storing it won't be a problem. There will be a bit of air leakage but as was stated previously, with a little ingenuity you can modify it to avoid that problem. It doesn't interfere with the Slide Aside or my condiment basket either. In fact, I have just ordered a second one to put over the other handle.

Originally posted by Dan Moore:
I just got one of these and it looks very well thought out. It's much larger than the wooden shelf/cutting board manufactured by Weber and the sturdy plastic will last longer too. It has a cutout in the front that enables you to place it over one of the handles. The legs snap in and out so storing it won't be a problem. There will be a bit of air leakage but as was stated previously, with a little ingenuity you can modify it to avoid that problem. It doesn't interfere with the Slide Aside or my condiment basket either. In fact, I have just ordered a second one to put over the other handle.

Curious to know if folks think this could work with a Performer. I often use the "counter space" and the charcoal lighting features with the right side table and charcoal storage to support cooks on the WSM.

Quote:
Curious to know if folks think this could work with a Performer. I often use the "counter space" and the charcoal lighting features with the right side table and charcoal storage to support cooks on the WSM.

Ray

Ray,
I don't believe it would work with a Performer. The Slide Aside is built into the left side of the grill and would prevent you from attaching the table to the bowl.
icon_frown.gif

Dan

i may just have to order 2 of these for my OTG. looks great. just looking at the picture, i don't see where it would cause air leakage. looks like there is a good gap between the bowl and table. is there tabs that actually go over the bowl like the tool holders and such, or does it just snap over the handle?

45 with free shipping now. i still haven't jumped on it. i'm considering building a table that holds my OTG and WSM in it.

Bob H. wrote:

This table looks OK, but I would rather
just have a Performer.

Bob,
In a perfect world, I would agree with you. I don't have a deck so I store my grill in a shed. Having two of these tables gives my kettle a lot of workspace and I can fold them away when I'm finished.

Dan

I ordered two(2) of these tables which arrived last Friday. However, when I connected the two(2) metal table legs to the table-top the plastic housings holding the table legs chipped and broke off a large piece from the plastic leg holder. The spring-action on the table legs appears to put too much pressure on the table top leg plastic housings. I own a Weber OTG 22 1/2 inch and a WSM and a variety of other Weber gagets and tools and have always been satisfied with the Weber quality of their products, so the above problem was very unexpected!

Rick, I suggest that you give Weber customer service a call - they are terrific, and I would be very surprised if they did not make it right, no questions asked.

Kevin: Thanx for your reply. In my original message on this subject I forgot to state that I presently live in the country of Costa Rica. Amazon.com shipped my two(2) tables free to my courier service in Florida. However, I paid almost $160.00 for them to ship these items from Florida to Costa Rica and is not cost effective to return these items to Amazon.Com. I emailed Weber.Com Customer Service a message concerning my problem and they returned a prompt message stating that they would be happy to send me another table top, however, they would not pay for the shipping costs to Costa Rica as they do not ship outside the USA. I have been retired in Costa Rica for many years and have ordered many items through Amazon.Com and generally have been pleased on the quality of the items that they have shipped. I guess this is the price of living in such a wonderful place!

Rick

WSM,OTG 22 1/2" and defective Weber 7412 Work Table

I have the work table--which has been available for about one year--and I love it with my OTG 22 1/2. I have them placed next to my Ranch Kettle so I use it double duty.

Gary

I bought one of these this week and have used it twice. I love the xtra work area it is almost as big as the performers.

I've had mine for about 2 months, and really enjoy it!

Note: I am not using the clips that grip the sides of the bowl. I originally put them on, but it was such a bugger to take the table off...that they were soon removed. I've found the table to be 'stable enough' for my purposes with it just resting on the handle. I had planned on some sort of easy locking mechanism, but I haven't needed it yet. (Once dinner hits the ground, I'll get to work on the lock project...)

Now, George, I don't know I'm that committed to going clipless...at least, not yet.

It would surprise me if Weber CS couldn't get you a pair

Kevin H.

Back