Wireless Thermometer...

Brian K

Hey Guys,

After doing so many overnight smokes and waking up every hour or so to check, I'm feeling the need for a wireless thermometer, not to check the meat(I already have a wireless oregon scientific) but to check the dome temp. I'm looking for something that might beep or something if the temp peaks or valleys, say 20 degrees from a target temp so that I wake up only when I need to adjust things. Anyone got suggestions?

So I bought the ET-73. It seems pretty poor.
I may be returning it before I use it.
Anyine use it before getting the ET-732?
Is it that much better?

ET-732 is 2nd Generation of ET-73 and if you go to Maverick site and compare specs its reception is 3X as far 100FT compared to 300FT and much improved over 1st Gen model. I still use my old ET-7 which I have had for about 10 years when I cook 2 pieces of meat I need to monitor but the reception is very short compared to the ET-732 New batteries in all of these makes a HUGE difference after they have been used a year or so and it still works and you forget how much time has passed with the batteries but when NEW the distance of reception is GREATLY improved. JMHO

I use the ET 73 and haven't had the first problem...very reliable. I've heard there are issues and we'll see when the time comes. So far, on overnighters I sleep like a baby. (knock on wood)

Back