Is it too late to do a salted turkey?

I think you are too late as this process usually takes 72 hrs. when you include air drying. If you started now you would draw the water out but it probably wouldn't be reabsorbed.

If you have a couple of sticks of butter handy and an injector you can still make a wonderful turkey. Melt 2 or 3 sticks of butter, add 1 tsp. of ground oregano and 1 tsp. of garlic powder (or other spices, pepper sauces, beer, broth, etc.) and mix well. Inject the bird with that and you'll be very happy with the results.
I'm doing a smoked and oven turkey for Christmas and doing a dry salting then.

Hmm... I started my salted bird and will have had it sitting in the fridge for about 28 hours before I rinse it and then pat it dry to cook it. Since it wasn't in the brine I wasn't going to give it more than maybe an hour to air dry after I thoroughly rinsed it out.

The butter injection sounds really good too... I wonder if I should try that too with this one.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ryan Gardner:
Hmm... I started my salted bird and will have had it sitting in the fridge for about 28 hours before I rinse it and then pat it dry to cook it. Since it wasn't in the brine I wasn't going to give it more than maybe an hour to air dry after I thoroughly rinsed it out.

The butter injection sounds really good too... I wonder if I should try that too with this one. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I think you're good to go if it was salted for 28 hrs. Injecting a stick or 2 of butter might be nice, too.

Back