Stuffed thighs

G

I got this idea from BBQBob when we were at Paul Kirks class in Lancing, MI. I have now tried it a couple of times for myself and everyone really seems to like them. Remove the bone from chicken thighs and pound them out a little. (I do this by putting the thigh in a piece of saran rap and hitting it with the bottom of an empty beer mug a few times). I them stuff them with a little sausage, Swiss cheese, and red bell pepper before rolling them up and pinning them with tooth picks. Lightly sprinkle them with rub and marinate them overnight with some Italian dressing. Put them on the WSM for 2.5 hours at 250 degrees F measured through the top vent.

Steve

I made these this weekend...thanks for the idea. They came out great!

Steve

Now that's a receipe I believe I could follow. I hate receipes that sound great but have tons of different ingredients most of which I've never heard of and can't locate in a grocery store. I guess that pretty much eliminates me from winning "chef of the month" award ?

I assume you were using a bulk sausage to stuff the thighs. Again, thanks and I look forward to trying it.

PRG

I found a recipe for something called "Chicken Delights"....boneless skinless thighs pounded, marinaded in a thin q sauce, then rolled and wrapped with bacon. Pretty freaking good stuff, especially with a thicker q dipping sauce.

Then I started experimenting with stuffings...tried cheese first, but it all ran out. Tried japs and that was pretty good, but added more heat than flavor, and I was looking for a third "flavor sensation". I was too scared to put in uncooked bulk sausage, so I browned it first and it was pretty good, not too dry in the middle. Then I used kielbasas and such, and even the little cocktail weiners, which are already cooked, and I like them best.

I do not cook the sausage before stuffing. I stick my temp probe in the middle of the biggest one and when it reaches temp they all will be done.

Steve

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Steve Prescott:
[qb] I got this idea from BBQBob when we were at Paul Kirks class in Lancing, MI. [/qb] <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Uh oh..... I better change my forum name. I had NO idea that there was a real BBQBob. There are just toooo many Bob's in this world. /infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

Back