Old Grill Rebuild

Jay M

I found a $15 genesis 1000 on cl. I was going to just use the cart for a table like seen on this board. After getting her home I don't have the heart to do it. Instead, I cleaned her up to all her old glory. It was used at some point on NG but the grill says lp and it had an lp quick disconnect. But after firing it up its way too hot. Has anyone ever just replaced the orphasis on the manifold or do you have to replace the whole thing?

I should probably just pull the plug on this grill but I have her looking new again. But what do you do with two gas grills anyway.

I'm converting a Genesis Silver B from NG to LP, perhaps this weekend, giving me two gas grills, too. As to the answer to the question of what to do with two gas grills, the answer seems to be "cook twice a much!"

Congrats on the CL find. I just cannot turn down a good deal on a Weber - much to my wife's dismay!

Seriously, I've a friend that has one gas grill that he uses only with a rotisserie. Maybe you could add an infrared or rotisserie burner to the back of the Genesis and have a dedicated meat turner.

Pat

Hey Pat,

I hear you about not passing up a deal. Are you replacing the manifold? I hate to spend more money on this gasser, if I could just replace the orphasis I would do that. Otherwise maybe just wait for another deal on cl

You have quite the collection of grills going. Must be hard to decide who gets to grill and who sits and watches.

We work on a grill rotation around here, but the WSM and Kettles get the most work.
icon_biggrin.gif

I am replacing the whole she-bang - $63 in parts from Weber.

I've heard my dad say that the manifold was the only thing that needed to be changed out to swap from NG to Propane, but he is a retired school teacher and definitely not a plumbing or gas expert!

Pat

Back