Weber Chill

Jeff S

TVWBB Pro
Is there anyone on the site that has one of these? I bought one after they were (I think) discontinued. I waited and waited for it to go on clearance at a close out store. I think it is a neat concept, but I am not pleased with the temperature at which it keeps my drinks. I have got back to using ice coolers. It does work pretty good for wine and dips or anything else that needs to be kept "cool" outside. I would love to hear from anyone else that has a Chill. Thanks!

I didn't have a Weber Chill but I did have a similar product made by Soleus. It's lowest range temp wise was 39 degrees. I had the same opinion as you...it was fine for wine, dips, stuff that needed to be cool but I found it inadequate for beer or soft drinks. Another thing I noticed...it had a 72 can capacity. Just as an experiment, I loaded it up to full capacity with warm (room temperature, not hot) beer and set it to 39 degrees. It took 3 days to chill all the beer down to drinkable status. It's a neat gadget, but I'll stick with ice chests.

Scott

Back